The Essence

Living and growing a family in the North awards you with a real and tangible connection to the land. As a mother of 5 and as a home baker and wannabe chef, it is this connection that seeps into everything - motherhood, food, harvesting, and experiencing the very heartbeat of the bit of earth that sustains us.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleep Talk

T.J has always been a bit of a sleep talker. When we were younger (I recently turned 33, so now I think I feel I'm justified to say "when I was younger") he would have whole hilarious conversations with me while he was sleeping. I won't embarrass him too much by telling all his sleeptalking stories on blogger, but this mornings conversation with Lydia is exempt! Somewhere around 4am, Lydia came into our room and made her way around to TJ's side of the bed. Her father is much more sympathetic to her middle of the night needs than her Mom. The conversation went like this:

Lydia: "Daddy, I'm thirsty, I need a drink of water."
Daddy: "Well you can go to hell".
Lydia: "What? Daddy, I want a drink".
Daddy: "It's way too bright outside".
Lydia: "Daddy? Daddy? DADDY I need a drink!"

Lydia as they are walking out of the room: "Daddy, you're silly".

No comments:

Post a Comment